The event may be canceled or delayed due to causes and conditions beyond the event director’s control, including, but not limited to, venue closures for failure, acts of nature, localized emergencies and government restrictions.
Conditions that WILL lead to event cancellation/rescheduling:
- Weather conditions that could reasonably create unsafe travel for participants or spectators.
- An event in the immediate area that may pose a safety/security concern to participants or spectators.
- Venue conditions or issues that present unsafe conditions for participants or spectators.
Conditions that WILL lead to a delay:
- Setup issues that prevent the successful start of an event. This includes final safety inspections and equipment failures.
- Spot severe weather that will clear the area immediately around the time of start.
In case of delay or cancellation, teams and volunteers will be notified by social media posting to include posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram from official @FIRSTRGV accounts.
If the event is canceled, the makeup date (if applicable) and location will be communicated on the FIRST RGV website and notifications will be sent via social media and emails to registrants.
The event fee refund policy in case of cancellation without the possibility of rescheduling: We will refund the event fee 100% unless stated otherwise at the time of registration. No refunds will be issued if a team fails to attend any official events during the season.