FLL South Championship
May 21 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT$85.00
Join us for an exciting day of in person game play for the 2021 – 2022 FIRST LEGO League – Challenge Cargo Connect season in Harlingen, Texas.
Registered teams will receive four matches each in traditional game play and will complete judging sessions remotely during the week prior to the event.
JUDGING: Judging will be conducted via Zoom on May 15 – 19, 2022. Teams can sign up for a judging session by CLICKING HERE.
7:00 am Doors open
7:00 am Volunteer Check in & Breakfast
7:30 am Team Check-in & Pits Open
7:30 am Referees Meeting
8:15 am Coaches Meeting
8:45 am Opening Ceremony
9:00 am Robot Game start time
11:30 am Working lunch
3:30 pm Awards Ceremony
Coaches must submit the following for their teams to the team check-in volunteers:
• Team Roster: Download your team roster from the Team Registration System, print a copy, and bring it to team check-in. Staple additional FIRST® Consent and Release Forms to the Team Roster for any team member or coach who does not have an electronic consent form on file. A FIRST Consent form is required for every team member, coach, and mentor who will be with the team during the competition day. Your team will receive the following at Team Registration:
• Wristbands: Wristbands will be provided for each team member and two coaches. Team members must wear wristbands at all times. Your team will need to decide what two adults will be spending the day with the students. NOTE: At least one adult coach is required to supervise the team at all times during the tournament.
• Schedule of Events: Your team will be provided information about the tournament day, including a competition schedule.
The Coaches’ Meeting will be held in the Competition Area at 8:15 AM. At least one team coach should attend this meeting. Make sure that another coach or mentor is assisting the team to set up their pit area during this time. At this meeting, your team’s coach will have the opportunity to:
- Meet the Tournament Director
- Meet the Head Referee
- Understand the flow pattern through the competition area
- Ask Robot Game questions
- Ask any other tournament-related question
are slow and some snacks and beverages. Your team will have access to:
- One standard-sized table
- At least two (2) chairs
Your team will participate four times at the Tournament Tables – the robot game will begin with
a practice round. Your robot performance score is the highest score your team achieves out of
the three official rounds.
The following awards will be presented at this tournament:
- Champion’s Award
- Core Values Award
- Innovation Project Award
- Robot Design Award
- Robot Performance Award
- Coach/Mentor Award
(updated April 25, 2022)