- This event has passed.
FUSION 360 with Patriot Engineering (P1)
10/24/2020 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT
This session is part one of a three part series by the Patriot Engineering team discussing how to use Fusion 360 for those who know nothing of it and how to model a robot with only stock parts, a simplistic process useful for both absolute beginners and intermediate level users.
Agenda of Session 1
- Understanding User interface
- Understanding cloud services
- Understanding how to use projects
- Sharing projects with teammates
- Understanding the difference between Design, Render, Simulation, Animation,
- Manufacturing, Generative Design, and Drawing
- Let participants know about samples
Modeling with stock parts
We will be building a drivetrain
- Understanding how to find online CAD files o Downloading and exporting STEP files
REV, Hex, goBILDA, Pitsco
- Uploading and importing STEP files into design o Creating understandable names for parts
- What are assemblies and how are they different in Fusion 360? o What is a top/down assembly?Mastering Joints o What is a joint and why do we need them?
- Explain why Fusion doesn’t use constraints
- Ground initial component
- Learn through practice: assemble parts of drivetrain (most of time will be spent here)
- Types of joints: rigid, revolute, slider, cylindrical, pin-slot, planar, ball
- Command/Control Key
- Accessing view of parts
- How Fusion 360 calculates positioning o Contact sets (if there is time to cover this)
- Using Sketches
- Using Dimensions
- Using Constraints
- Project geometry
This session is FREE to all FIRST students and coaches.
Registration is required to receive a FREE Certificate of Completion.
Prerequisites: Students MUST be registered with Autodesk as a student and have a copy of FUSION 360 preloaded before the class. Instructor will not take time to do this. A detailed guide is here for students to follow if needed.