- This event has passed.
FUSION 360 with Patriot Engineering (P2)
October 31 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT
This session is part two of a three part series by the Patriot Engineering team discussing how to use Fusion 360 for those who know nothing of it and how to model a robot with only stock parts, a simplistic process useful for both absolute beginners and intermediate level users.
Agenda of Session 2
The previous session was a description of modeling products with online, available CAD files. This session will cover how once can create a part from a scratch, a custom part.
We will be creating a functional device to present the use of sketches and the practicality of a Top Down assembly
- What are sketches used for and why are they important
- Discuss the idea of work planes
- Brief overview of tools
- What are the options for creating sketches: lines, rectangle, circles, arc, and spline
- Understanding tools: mirror and pattern
- Dimensions (critical topic)
- Discuss “modify” tools
- Discuss all constraints (critical)
This session is FREE to all FIRST students and coaches.
Registration is required to receive a FREE Certificate of Completion.
Prerequisites: Students MUST be registered with Autodesk as a student and have a copy of FUSION 360 preloaded before the class. Instructor will not take time to do this. A detailed guide is here for students to follow if needed.