Prof Dev: FIRST Lego League Coaches
August 13 @ 1:00 PM - August 14 @ 4:30 PM CDTFree
Join us for this very special professional development training for new and existing FIRST Lego League coaches in the Rio Grande Valley. This class is being provided FREE (as a grant) to educators that are interested in becoming coaches or are existing coaches of FIRST Lego League teams at their campus.
This REMOTE training includes materials and knowledge to take back to support your FIRST Lego League team in the classroom.
- Welcome to FIRST
- What is FIRST Lego League
- Changes: New changes to the FLL program for 2020-2021 Season
- Organizing Your Robotics Team for Success
- Let’s Meet Your Robot (EV3 / Spike)
- How to Program Your Robot and Use Sensors
- Judging: Success in the Judging Rooms
- Where to Find Online Resources (Guides and Curriculum)
- Guest Speakers: (15 min sessions w/Q&A)
Trung Nguyen, Royal Technologies // Power of FIRST in society and the workforce
Dr Esmeralda Adame, South Texas College // Women in STEM and FIRST programs
Attendees will need to have a Lego EV3/Prime Robot and kit, programming cable, and laptop with EV3 programmer software installed. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! This hands-on, fun professional development opportunity is a great way to build confidence in using FIRST Lego League in the classroom to inspire future STEM leaders of tomorrow.
One person is attending Prof Dev: FIRST Lego League Coaches