Special Olympics – Unified Robotics – Starting a Team
July 2 @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT
Join us for an informative session on the new partnership between FIRST RGV and Special Olympics of Texas – RGV. This session will be on FACEBOOK LIVE (@FIRSTRGV) and on our website.
We will be joined by Jason Arms, president of FIRST RGV and Lauro Garza, Regional Director of Special Olympics of Texas for the Rio Grande Valley.
There are no fees to attend this session and there are no fees to start at Unified Robotics team in the Rio Grande Valley except for the robot; which you probably already have in the classroom (Lego EV3 Mindstorm) and the standard mat that is purchased from Lego Education.
The two presenters will cover the following topics:
- What is Special Olympics and what is Unified Robotics
- What is FIRST and why its the perfect match for Unified Robotics
- What is required of a school to participate in Unified Robotics
- How to register a team in the Rio Grande Valley
- Game outline for the 2020 – 2021 season
- Q&A session (submit your questions here)
We are excited to be partnered with Special Olympics of Texas – RGV and to help increase access to a program that was created by a FIRST Robotics Competition team from the state of Washington many years ago. FIRST teams (coaches and students) are encouraged to attend and learn more about how they can mentor/host a Unified Robotics team at their campus for those students with special needs.
Together, WE ARE FIRST!